In 1869 the trained winch smith Wilhelm Hönscheid – from Siegerland – started his own winch fabrication in Osterbusch in Remscheid. With the later help of his four sons, he manufactured wooden shaft winches in pure manual labour.

The prefabricated timber framework building in the local mill in Siegerland served the family as both an apartment, and, as a workshop in the basement, expanded into a forge.

During the First World War, operations came to a standstill as all four sons were drafted.

Peter and Fritz Hönscheid continued to lead the company „Hönscheid Bros.” after the War. Bit by bit, they procured small machines, laying the cornerstone for series production of their wooden shaft winches. The transmission parts were handmade in their own forge and later procured from the surrounding drop forges.

Peter Hönscheid (* 1876 + 1969) had two sons and two daughters, of whom the younger son, Peter Hönscheid jr., entered the company before the Second World War while his brother Karl travelled through all of Europe for a Remscheid tool company already renowned back then.

Peter Hönscheid erected the first annex for the continuously growing wood processing.

In turn, both sons were drafted to the War and only Karl Hönscheid returned alive. After the confusions of the post-war times, he joined the company as a joint partner. One initially started with the reconstruction by creating a new workshop with the mutual help of the remaining company personnel.
The production range was extensively widened with the DIN steel jacks standardised in 1949 and a comprehensive trading line was lined up.
The rapid technical developments allowed the procurement of the first gear cutting and lathing machines.

Bit by bit, the operations were expanded and when milling the transmission parts started, the milling annex became necessary in 1972.

After completing his course of studies at Karlsruhe Polytechnical, grad. rer. pol. techn. Klaus Hönscheid assumed leadership of the company.

By consistently continuing to convert from forged transmission parts to exclusively self-milled gear racks, gearwheels and pinions, the quality was continually improved during a development process.
The consequent procurement of the latest and rationally functioning machines has facilitated today’s high quality standard and were the prerequisites for being successful on the modern hotly contested market.

From the basic model of the DIN steel winches, more and more devices for the most varied applications were developed.

We are now in the position to offer all kinds of solutions that involve the rack-and-lever jack segment based on drawings or customer requirements.

To be able to reliably deliver uniformly high-grade quality products, the flexibility and commitment of good employees is essential. A team that has grown together over the years is amicably conjoined with the company management, guaranteeing the success of our family business.